Between land & ocean | l'Ile de Ré
- A small paradise
- The Ile de Ré is a small paradise of 30 km long and 5 km wide (on its wider point), like an oasis in the middle of the ocean.
- Here, we take the time to live and to appreciate the pleasures of an island life, soothed by a gentle and sunny climate all year long.
- Atlantic jewel
- This atlantic jewel located 3 km away from the coast of La Rochelle is cosset by the inhabitants and the “continentals” who live here, spend time here or just come for a day to enjoy the warmness of its sun, the softness of its climate, the kindness of its residents and the deliciousness of its local products.
- the Ré Island terroir and savoir-faire!
- Because that is also what the Ile de Ré is about! Jam, salt, olive oil, honey, goat cheese, oysters, caramel with salted flower, gingerbread, wines, Pineaux and Cognac, and of course potatoes! These are some of the tasty products you can find on the island which are the reflection of the Ré Island terroir and savoir-faire!
- Landscapes and villages discovery
- The tasting of these products and the island landscapes and villages discovery are the perfect reason to jump other a bicycle and to wander the island, to discover its culinary, architectural, environmental, cultural treasures… and so on!
The PDO Ile de Ré Potato
A seasonal pleasure, simple & unique